Things You Should Never Do During a Virtual Interview
What not to do during a virtual interview?
- Don't underestimate the importance of a background make sure that it's neutral and clutter free.
- No eating or chewing gum
- Don't be in bed. We saw this once there was a nurse who was laying kind of in bed and no this is still an interview, always be professional.
- Pace your webcam properly. I have a client in upstate New York that they loved one of the nurses because they placed their webcam in a place where they could see their whole face and commented on that to us.
- Don't be checking your cell phone, make sure it's turned off.
- Don't have pets around or children in the background
- Look at the camera like you're talking directly to it.
- Don't become distracted by your own image on the screen.
So those are just some fun tips to bear in mind for virtual interview and things to bear in mind because obviously, first impressions count and you're going to have 30 to 40 minutes with the interviewer. So you want to make sure that you put your best self forward.